Now accepting entries!
- To Enter: To enter, email your contact information, number of members in your band and a sample of your music to Fair@gilpincounty.org by July 1, 2019. 3 bands will be accepted to play at the Gilpin County Fair and to compete for winnings.
- Date/ Time: The competition will take place on Saturday, July 13, 2019 on the Stage at the Gilpin County Fairgrounds.
- Each accepted band will be given a 1-hour time slot to setup, play and load out. Slot 1 will be from 11:00am-12:00pm. Slot 2 will be from 12:00pm-1:00pm. Slot 3 will be from 1:00pm-2:00pm.
- The winners will be announced at 2:00pm.
- Equipment: The Gilpin County Fair will supply a sound system compatible for most bands up to a 4-piece band. Participants should bring instruments and other needed supplies. (Bands will work with the Fair Coordinator and DJ to ensure needed items are present.)
- Liability: All participants are required to sign a liability waver on the day of the competition.
- Restrictions: Contestants must not be under the influence of alcohol before or during the competition. Contestants in violation of this policy will be immediately disqualified from the competition. All performances must be family friendly.
- Awards: First place will receive $700. Second place will receive $300.
- Gilpin County Fair management does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, or other non-merit aspects.