Ambassador rules and application– Due May 1
The Ambassadors will be responsible for the following from July 2019 through July 2020:
- Attending the Gilpin County Fair in 2019 and 2020 and performing activities such as talking to the public, giving out awards, and participating in at least 1 contest/activity.
- Attend at least 4 planning meetings for the Fair.
- Promoting the Fair through interviews, social media and outreach.
The Ambassadors will each receive at least a $500 scholarship upon the successful completion of the program and completing all responsibilities.
- Applicants should be interested in the Gilpin County Fair, our community and interacting with the public.
- Applicants must be a junior or senior in high school for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Previous royalty/ambassadors may apply again, although priority will be given to new applicants.
- Applicants do NOT need to be able to ride horses or have any horse/livestock experience.
- Applicants will submit an application.
- Applicants will be interviewed. Interviews will cover such topics as personal interests, experiences and thoughts about the Gilpin County Fair.
- Applications and interviews will be scored by a panel.
- Final Ambassadors will be announced during the 2019 Gilpin County Fair.
Applications due by May 1, 2019. Ambassador rules and application