BMX Course Rules
Run by the Gilpin International School Group
- Date/ Time: The competition will take place on Saturday, August 20 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with awards at 5:30 p.m. and Sunday, August 21, 2016 from 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. with awards at 2:30 p.m. at the Gilpin County Fairgrounds.
- Divisions: 3 divisions determined by age of contestant
- Ages 4-8
- Ages 9-14
- Ages 14 & up
- Equipment: All equipment needed will be provided. Contestants may bring their own helmet and/or bicycle.
- Awards: Ribbons will be awarded for 1st through 3rd place in each division. 1st place will also receive a gift card.
- Sign-up: Sign-up will take place at the BMX tent.
- Competition: Placings will be determined by the time it takes to complete the course.
- All sections of the course must be ridden.
- 30 seconds will be added to the time for each part skipped.
- Rails must be ridden on the entire length.
- The teeter totter must be ridden end to end with no short cuts off the side.
- The dirt pile must be ridden over the entire way.
- Cones must be ridden in a weave pattern.
- Children under the age of 4 may ride for fun when the course is not busy.
Thank you to BMX Contest Superintendents, Carol and Kellie!