2019 BMX Contest and Fun Ride Rules
Run by the Gilpin County School International Travel Group
1. Date/ Time: The competition will take place on Saturday, July 13 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with awards at 5:30 p.m. and Sunday, July 14 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. with awards at 2:30 p.m. at the Gilpin County Fairgrounds BMX track.
2. Divisions: 3 divisions determined by age of contestant
a. Ages 4-8
b. Ages 9-14
c. Ages 14 & up
3. Equipment: All equipment needed will be provided. Contestants may bring their own helmet and/or bicycle.
4. Awards: Ribbons will be awarded for 1st through 3rd place in each division. 1st place will also receive a gift card.
5. Gilpin County Fair Management does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, or other non-merit aspects.
6. Sign-up: Sign-up will take place at the BMX track tent. All contestants are required to sign a waiver and have a Gilpin County Fair wrist band for that day. Waivers and wrist bands can be found at the Wristband Tent.
7. All participants must wear a helmet.
8. Fun rides: Participants are not required to compete; participants may ride around the course at any time and at the discretion of the BMX coordinators.
9. Competition: Placings will be determined by the time it takes to complete the course.
a. All sections of the course must be ridden as explained.
b. 30 seconds will be added to the time for each part skipped.
10. Children under the age of 4 may ride for fun when the course is not busy.