2018 BMX Contest and Fun Ride Rules
Run by the Gilpin International School Group
- Date/ Time: The competition will take place on Saturday, August 18 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with awards at 5:30 p.m. and Sunday, August 19, 2018 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. with awards at 2:30 p.m. at the Gilpin County Fairgrounds BMX track.
- Divisions: 3 divisions determined by age of contestant
- Ages 4-8
- Ages 9-14
- Ages 14 & up
- Equipment: All equipment needed will be provided. Contestants may bring their own helmet and/or bicycle.
- Awards: Ribbons will be awarded for 1st through 3rd place in each division. 1st place will also receive a gift card.
- Sign-up: Sign-up will take place at the BMX track tent. All contestants are required to sign a waiver and have a Gilpin County Fair wrist band for that day. Waivers and wrist bands can be found at the Wristband Tent.
- Fun rides: Participants are not required to compete; participants may ride around the course at any time and at the discretion of the BMX coordinators.
- Competition: Placings will be determined by the time it takes to complete the course.
- All sections of the course must be ridden as explained.
- 30 seconds will be added to the time for each part skipped.
- Children under the age of 4 may ride for fun when the course is not busy.