2019 Chili Cook-Off
Sponsored by Gilpin County Parks & Recreation
- Dates & Times:
- Cooking- cooking should be done at home and be present at the Fairgrounds by 6:00pm. See below for more details.
- Judging & Serving- from 6:00pm to 8:00pm, the public will be able to sample your food and vote on their favorite.
- Awards- Awards will be presented on Friday, July 12 at 8:15pm on the Stage.
- Multiple entries are allowed and a contestant may enter every division if they wish.
- Entries– All entries must display a card with the following:
- Contestant name, item name and ingredients.
- No entry may contain marijuana, illegal substances or any other harmful substances. This is to protect all consumers.
- Any entry not prepared properly or not following any of the stated rules may be disqualified at the Gilpin County Fair’s discretion.
- Gilpin County Fair management does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, or other non-merit aspects.
- Cooking– cooking must be done at home and be present at the Fairgrounds by 6:00pm.
- Gilpin County Fair will provide: a booth space, electricity, serving tables and eating supplies.
- Contestants will provide: all cooking supplies and food items needed and people to serve their food.
- Serving– By 6:00pm, contestants will make the food available to the public. Contestants are encouraged to serve the food to answer questions and ensure as many public voters as possible are able to try their entry.
- Voting will be by popular vote by the public.
- Awards– First place in each division will receive an award plus their name on the champions plaque. Second and third place in each division will receive an award.