2017 Dog Agility Contest
- Date/ Time: The competition will take place on Saturday, August 19, 2017 beginning at 12:00 noon at the Gilpin County Fairgrounds.
- Equipment: Participants are responsible for bringing and handling their dogs on a collar with a leash.
- Liability: All participants are required to sign a liability waiver on the day of the competition. Once the liability waiver has been signed, participants will receive a wristband. Participants must have a wristband to enter the practice or competition.
Dogs must be well-behaved and under control at all times. No aggressive dogs.
Good sportsmanship is essential.
- Restrictions: Contestants must not be under the influence of alcohol before or during the competition. Contestants in violation of this policy will be immediately disqualified from the competition and will not be allowed to compete.
- Sign-up: All persons who wish to practice or compete must sign-up and must meet the above criteria. The competition is open to all dogs regardless of age, breed, sex or color.
- Competition Overview:
Teams will consist of 1 dog and 1 or 2 handlers.
Dogs may be on or off a leash but must remain under control at all times.
Dogs will greet the judge, perform a trick of their choice, then proceed through the agility course. Dogs should attempt each obstacle.
Treats and bribes are legal.
Poor sportsmanship or bad behavior by either canine or handler may result in dismissal.
1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each division will receive a ribbon.
1st place in each division will receive their name on the “Champions” plaque.
All participants will receive a participant ribbon.