2017 Gilpin Gourmet Contest
Entry Form– to be submitted with entry
- Food entries: due Saturday, August 19, 2017 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in the Community Center. Judging will occur on Sunday, August 20, 2017 by selected judges. Awards and auction of the entries will occur Sunday, August 20, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. at the Stage. Proceeds from the auction will be donated to the Gilpin County Food Bank.
- Beverage entries: accepted starting Monday, August 14, 2017 and are due by Thursday, August17, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. in the Exhibit Barn. Judging will be closed to the public and will occur on Thursday, August 17, 2017. Awards will be given on Sunday, August 20, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. on the Stage.
- Multiple entries per category are allowed and a contestant may enter every category if they wish. Only 1 cook per entry is allowed. Entries may be limited by the Contest Superintendent.
Age groups include:
- Youth (ages 5-13)
- Adult (ages 14 & over)
- Baked Foods (Breads/Rolls, Desserts, Candy)
- Preserved Foods (Jerky, Jams/Jellies, Pickled).
- Home-Brewed Beverages (Light Beer, Dark Beer)- Adults only, maximum of 5 entries total
All food and drink should be entered on/in disposable bake/cookware!
- All entries must display a label with the following:
- Baking, Candy: contestant name, date made, all ingredients
- Jams/Jellies, Jerky, Pickled: contestant name, date processed, time processed, ingredients
- Home-Brewed Beer: contestant name, date bottled, ingredients, type of beer
- No entry may contain marijuana, illegal substances or any other harmful substances. This is to protect all consumers.
- Any entry not prepared properly or not following any of the stated rules may be disqualified at the Superintendent’s discretion.
- Food judges should base their score on the following criteria:
- Originality of Recipe
- Appearance of Entry
- Taste of Entry
- Beverage judges should base their score on the following criteria:
- Overall impression
- Score the Entry.
- Scoring is from 1 (Bad) to 10 (Excellent) with 5 being average.
- Scoring will be done on a score sheet with 30 total possible points for food entries and 50 points possible for beverage entries.
- All scores will be compiled with the highest scores in each category receiving the awards.
- Determine Grand Champion in Baked Foods, Preserved Foods and Home-Brewed Beverages and 1st place to 3rd place winners in each category.