2018 Gilpin Gourmet Contest
Entry Form– to be submitted with entry
- Food entries: due Saturday, August 18, 2018 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. in the Gilpin County Fair Booth (near the Grand Stands). Judging will occur on Sunday, August 19, 2018 by selected judges. Awards and auction of the entries will occur Sunday, August 19, 2018 at 2:00 p.m. at the Stage. Proceeds from the auction will be donated to the Gilpin County Food Bank.
- Beverage entries: accepted starting Monday, August 13, 2018 and are due by Thursday, August 16, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. in the Exhibit Barn. Judging will be closed to the public and will occur on Thursday, August 16, 2018. Awards will be given on Sunday, August 19, 2018 at 2:00 p.m. on the Stage.
- Multiple entries per category are allowed and a contestant may enter every category if they wish. Only 1 cook per entry is allowed. Entries may be limited by the Contest Superintendent.
Age groups include:
- Youth (up to age 17)
- Adult (ages 18 & over)
- Baked Foods (Breads/Rolls, Desserts, Candy)
- Preserved Foods (Jerky, Jams/Jellies, Pickled).
- Home-Brewed Beverages (Light Beer, Dark Beer)- Adults only, maximum of 5 entries total
All food and drink should be entered on/in disposable bake/cookware.
- All entries must display a label with the following:
- Baking, Candy: contestant name, date made, all ingredients
- Jams/Jellies, Jerky, Pickled: contestant name, date processed, time processed, ingredients
- Home-Brewed Beer: contestant name, date bottled, ingredients, type of beer
- No entry may contain marijuana, illegal substances or any other harmful substances. This is to protect all consumers.
- Any entry not prepared properly or not following any of the stated rules may be disqualified at the Superintendent’s discretion.
- Food judges should base their score on the following criteria:
- Originality of Recipe
- Appearance of Entry
- Taste of Entry
- Beverage judges should base their score on the following criteria:
- Overall impression
- Score the Entry.
- Scoring is from 1 (Bad) to 10 (Excellent) with 5 being average.
- Scoring will be done on a score sheet with 30 total possible points for food entries and 50 points possible for beverage entries.
- All scores will be compiled with the highest scores in each category receiving the awards.
- Determine Grand Champion in Baked Foods, Preserved Foods and Home-Brewed Beverages and 1st place to 3rd place winners in each category.
Thank you to Gilpin Gourmet Contest Superintendent, Linda!