The King and Queen will be responsible for the following from August 2018 through August 2019:
- Attending the Gilpin County Fair in 2018 and 2019 and performing activities such as talking to the public, giving out awards, and participating in at least 1 contest/activity.
- Attend at least 2 planning meetings for the Fair.
- Promoting the Fair through interviews, social media and outreach.
The King and Queen will each receive at least a $250 scholarship upon the successful completion of the program and completing all responsibilities.
- Applicants should be interested in the Gilpin County Fair, our community and interacting with the public.
- Applicants must be a junior or senior in high school for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Once crowned King or Queen, you may not apply again.
- Applicants do NOT need to be able to ride horses or have any horse/livestock experience.
- Applicants will submit an application.
- Applicants will be interviewed. Interviews will cover such topics as personal interests, experiences and thoughts about the Gilpin County Fair.
- Applications and interviews will be scored by a panel.
- The Queen and King will be crowned during the 2018 Gilpin County Fair.
Applications due by May 15, 2018.
Gilpin County Fair
230 Norton Drive
2018-2019 Royalty rules and applicationBlack Hawk, CO 80422